Thursday, September 20, 2012


To: Mr. Joseph Walter Jackson,                 Date: September 20, 2012

 

Dear Mr. Jackson,

     So far I attempted communication mostly with Katherine because my memories were mostly of her and Michael.

     To tell you the truth, I have memory of seeing Katherine, Rebbie, and Latoya as well as seeing Janet in a bassinet at the house in San Leandro, CA.

     But the only time I seem to be able to remember seeing you at least I think you was when the School called all of our parents down for the expulsion.

    At any rate I certainly owe you of all people a great deal of respect and gratitude as well as an apology for the misbehavior I involved your son in afterward. I should have been setting a much better example for the younger boy who had saved my life by helping me stand up to those terroristic bullies.

     It was largely thanks to you that Michael had the knowledge and ability to do more than his part (lessons). Thanks should also go to the rest of your son’s for encouraging him by telling him how good he was and convincing him to back me up on that day. That will go down in history as the day of Michaels first but certainly not his last stand against the cowardice acts of bullies and senseless violence.  

    My prayers every day include the chance to apologize to you and Katherine both for my part in our misbehaviors.

     I hope and pray also to have the honor of shaking the hand of the great man that married that wonderful woman who with just a few words in the short time I knew her was able to set herself up as one of my favorite examples to follow for the rest of my life.

Mark Edward Hammock

No comments:

Post a Comment