Tuesday, September 18, 2012


The woman I thought of as a second mother and called mom (Katherine Jackson), had once said to Michael and I: “Well if you two are Blood-Brothers, I guess that means I’m your mother to.”
As close as we were at the age where we were becoming young men but were still children as well, I know that this one thing we had in common is something that never could or would change about Michael Jackson because it was part of his soul. Michael believed that if you were to tell a child that you are their Mom or Dad, then that is something you have to live up to for the rest of your life. Once you take on the role of Mom or Dad it is forever, bloodline has nothing to do with it, that is only genes. From that moment on you are responsible for compassion in regards to their emotional, spiritual and psychological well being for life. That is simply the only decent attitude of any reverent person who has the nerve to call themselves religious by any standards of any religion.

     When Michael came over to tell me the bad news, he told me that his mom said: “Mark is just too wild. I’m sorry, son, but after today, I’m not going to allow you to go over to his house or see him anymore.”

     While My Blood-Brother was doing his best to speak the words she had spoke to him, I was hearing a totally different speech inside my head which went more like this:

     “The fact is mark that your second mother has disowned you and is taking your brother away from you forever.”

     The first time Michael Jackson ever heard voices transmitted from one side of the globe to the other, Mark Hammock was one of the only two people in the room with him.

     We had been caught by an FCC officer using bad language on the air with the CB radio’s (Walky Talkies) that Mike had bought me for my Birthday. July 9th, 1966.

     The FCC officer was real nice to us and took us back to his house where we got to talk on a HAM radio with an army officer in Tokyo, Japan from San Leandro, CA.  This was one month after Michael and I had home schooled our way through the final month of third grade together.

     We were closer to each other than either one of us was to our own family members at the time. I miss him still to this day.

     Please tell Mom I apologize.  And ask her: Is she is ready to forgive me?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment